Everything You Need to Know About Wool Rug Cleaning and Repair
Wool rugs offer comfort, charm and protection to your floors and toes. But, seeing them dirty or damaged is a troublesome situation for any rug owner. So, what should you do in such cases? Read this post till the end to find out everything about wool rug cleaning and repair.
How Often to Clean a Wool Rug?
With the thickness of fluff, wool rugs accumulate more dust, dirt and germs. However, regular wool rug cleaning can help sustain its shelf life. You have to consider some factors before you plan a cleaning schedule for your wool floorings. We have sorted a list for you. Have a look:
- Level of foot traffic
- Location of the Rug
- Vacuuming schedule
- Pile type
After considering these factors, you can professionally clean your rug once or twice a year. Moreover, you can try some remedies and have a monthly cleaning plan for your adorable fluffy rugs!
When to Repair a Wool Rug?
The most straightforward answer is – when you see damage like a hole, tear or disorientation. However, you can ask wool rug repair experts for timely inspection to detect even minor damage. The more you take of your flooring, the more it will serve you well.
Regardless of repair and restoration needs, the sooner is better in the case of wool floorings. The longer you delay the repairer’s appointment, the worse the damage may become. So, if you have observed even a tiny hole, call professionals now!
Tips to Keep Your Wool Rug Clean
- Clean the wool fluffs with a vacuum cleaner twice a week.
- Avoid beater bar attachment of vacuum cleaner as they may pull the fibres off.
- Give your flooring a good shake once a month.
- Steam clean the flooring at least once a year. It will remove all deeply trapped dust particles, germs and stains.
- Hire rug cleaning specialists for a thorough cleaning, inspection and maintenance.
- Rotate your rugs at least once in six months to avoid damage in one spot.
- Clean the spills immediately.
- Limit pets around the flooring. Also, trim their nails to protect the fibres from scratches.
- Follow a no-shoes policy so there will be less dust accumulation in the floorings.
- Be careful while you are eating or sipping a drink.
- Never let your wool rug soak in water.
- Keep baking soda and vinegar handy to clean up the spills.
- Choose a suitable rug shampoo if you are washing them at home.
- Use doormats to reduce the number of dirt particles that enter your property.
- Try old fashioned beating process to remove loose dirt particles.
Keeping a rug clean is easy; you have to be careful about stains and damages. With these tips and tricks, you will be able to keep your wool rug always charming. Moreover, these common hacks will help you extend the lifespan of your flooring. Hope you find our wool rug repair and cleaning guide helpful! Apply these tricks to your cleaning schedule and see the magic unfolds.